Friday, March 6, 2009

Get OUT of the fridge!!!!!!!

If you have children 18 months or older, you know how many times a day you utter (ok...yell, shout, threaten) those words...GET OUT OF THE FRIDGE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! My tiny Lucas brought new meaning to that utterance recently, and almost gave his mommy a coronary in the process. It went down like this:

I enter the kitchen to retrieve/clean/prepare something. I don't recall what. I notice the fridge door is slightly ajar, but it's not worrisome to me. Lucas is constantly foraging through it and always leaves it open...ALWAYS! I had plans to shut it momentarily. I finish what I'm doing and turn around to get what I need from the fridge...


Ta-Daaaaa!!!! There's a toddler in my refrigerator!!! After I got over the initial fright that caused me to clutch my chest and breathe sporadically (yep, it scared the poo out of me, ok?! I'm not normally greeted by leprechauns when I open my refrigerator door!), I took a few moments to bask in the cuteness that IS tiny Lucas. You can do the same with the next few photos:



Finally, I got over the cuteness and scolded the little devil and gave him specific instructions...once again...TO GET OUT OF THE FRIDGE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! He knew he was in for it and made his escape:
And now for those *other* words so often uttered by us moms : It's a good thing he's cute.

No comments: