Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Place with Trees!

And water! And fall colors! And grass! Utah rocks!! Just check out this gooooorgeous view from my kitchen window. It's hard to tell, but the mountains are splashed with orange, yellow, red and green. Can't wait to see the view in winter! I know, I know. You're jealous.















For our very first Monday family night together in Utah, auntie Lyssa took us for a jaunt up through Provo Canyon so we could check out the purty autumn colors before they're gone. We couldn't resist stopping when we saw the cute little horsies (worthheees, as Lucas would say) alongside the road. I think my favorite part about these pictures is the way the flash made the horses look like some sort of evil alien creatures ready to attack or swallow my children whole. (look at those yellow eyes! weird!) Wondering about Livvi's hair? She leaned too close to the barbed wire fence and a barb caught the front of her head and pulled the hair out of the bobby pins which had so neatly been placed in her hair. I wonder, why do I bother?
Thanks auntie Lyssa for taking us up there. And thanks auntie Jenna, aunt Beffie, auntie Lyssa (again), uncle Phil, uncle Jim, and mom for sooooo much help with driving and unpacking. I'd be sitting in the corner, sucking my thumb and crying right now if it weren't for all the work you did. And I can't forget Terry. You're all the best...Love you!

7 comments:

Polly said...

LOVE those fall colors, and YES you are making me jealous! Those views are GORGEOUS!!! Glad you made it safe!!

Tam said...

Cute pictures of the kiddos! I am somewhat jealous of the fun fall colors. Now that it'll eventually start to cool down here, I am loving it. We'll see how much you like Utah in January! Being close to family will make it much better though. Glad you guys are happy and settled!

Kristi Smith said...

Very pretty view. I am jealous. Although how cold does it get in Utah in the winter? I don't know much about Utah. Cute photos, even with the demon eyes.

Unknown said...

very jealous!!! love the view!

Alyssa said...

I tagged you on my blog...mwa hahaha

Deb said...

There are few times I miss Utah, but this would be one of them! It is so beautiful. I'm glad you made it safe, but I miss Ben in my class! (I miss you, too.) ;o)
How is your job?

Haymore Family said...

i still can't believe you moved so quickly, or maybe i just never get to check blogs and didn't know until days before you were gone! Im glad you love it there, it is so gorgeous but i hate being cold so good luck with that!