Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Jenna Jakes turns 28!





Today is my little sis' berfday! Since it's her 28th, here are 28 reasons we love Jenna (a list compiled by her mom and sisters):

1. She is very passionate about life
2. Noooobody can make blog headers like this girl can
3. She makes up funny songs on the guitar, and laughs so hard at her own musical creation that she cries
4. She throws birthday dinner parties for herself, complete with manicottis and chocolate cream pie
5. She dreams of one day having bright blonde hair and driving a brand new black expensive Escalade (can you say Gwen Stefani?)
6. Gets excited about separating the red M&Ms from the pink and white ones
7. She is always willing to go the extra mile, especially where her family is concerned
8. Insists that her twins wear "coordinating" and not "matching" outfits
9. She has dreams about NFL quarterbacks
10. She is thoughtful and looks out for others, especially her family.
11. She's stood topless on top of Tater Hill (it was years ago, people! get over it! and no, Tater Hill is not a euphemism--it's an actual hill near where we grew up)
12. She doesn't forget a song, no matter how many years it's been since she heard it. A dance, too, for that matter. Reference New Kids on the Block medley, "Miss You Much" by Janet Jackson, "Teamwork" by Levar Burton & friends and many more I'm sure!
13. A go-getter - she doesn't do anything halfway. It's all or nothing.
14. Nothing is more important to her than being a wife and mother, and she's great at both!
15. She's the only person I know who's ever randomly jumped off of a bridge in Hawaii
16. The girl speaks fluent italian! Come on, that's sexy!
17. Extremely determined. Don't ever tell her she can't do something.
18. No shortage of drama
19. Shares her birthday with the ultimate republican: Ronald Reagan
20. Loves her boys more than anything
21. She's Monica Gellar
22. Great cook because she's not afraid to try something new
23. Cleanest house on the block...no...in Utah
24. She has THE cutest little bald-headed twin boys you will ever see in your life
25. Two words: Loud Laughter
26. She has a beautiful singing voice--her sisters love singing with her
27. Great head of hair
28. She's got a great sense of style that shows in her wardrobe and her home decor

We could go on and on, but 28 is all you get this year! We love you...Happy Birthday!!!

10 comments:

Jenna said...

THANK YOU!!! That was HEE-larious! And for the record, I was eleven when I was topless on Tater Hill... nothing to see there! Just a good old fashioned dare.

Thanks for making my day! I love you guys!

Frehner Family said...

That's really cute Jacey. Sounds like you got yourself a fun little sis!

Alyssa said...

I love the list - it turned out great! Good idea, Jace!

Kristi Smith said...

Very sweet . . . well most of it . . . "No shortage of drama" must run in the family. hee-hee I am a little dramatic myself . . . yeah, I know I hide it well. ;)

Happy Birthday Jenna!!! You have a beautiful family. I checked them out on your blog. And you are beautiful as well . . . guess that runs in the family too. :)

Donna said...

She has a beautiful mouth full of teeth too! I want to hear one of those songs.

BossyMommy said...

And the token baptist redeems herself with the "beauty runs in the family" comment! Nice recovery. Donna, trust me, you do NOT want to hear one of those songs. It's painful.

Kristi Smith said...

I need Jacey "fix".

ACK! Your music just came on and scared me!

Kristi Smith said...

Oops . . . "a" Jacey fix.

BossyMommy said...

Kristi! What you talkin bout my music scared you? You're not down with the JT? When you say you need a fix, are you saying I need to post again? Note: My computer is under the weather and I'm restricted to husband's laptop temporarily. hard to post without my photos. well, not hard, but i don't like to. But no worries, I do have a post planned for when my computer is feeling better.

Kristi Smith said...

It just came on all of a sudden, really loud, scared me. ;)

I hope your computer feels well soon.