Lori of DaHamFam fame has tagged me for a list of seven little-known facts about myself. Hey, don't blame me, LORI opened this can of worms! And be sure to read at the end to see if YOU have been tagged by me for this fun little game. Now here they are, in no particular order:
1. I have monkey toes. My family knows this, but it's not something I tend to broadcast. What are monkey toes, you might ask? Well, apparently, when you have a large gap between your big toe and second toe, those are monkey toes. Yup, that's what I have. If you want me to pick something up off the floor using my toes as pinchers, it just ain't gonna happen people. They're just too dang far apart.
2. I used to be quite the avid Phoenix Suns fan. Ok, avid is not a strong enough word. Obsessed. Sick, perhaps. So once when a Phoenix radio station was doing a drawing giving away various Suns-related prizes, I went to the place of entry and stuffed the box with a gazillion entries containing my name and the names of every family member and friend I could think of. The result: I won a trip to Chicago to see the Suns play the Bulls, and also a pair of tickets to a Suns game in Phoenix. It pays to be obsessive.
3. Going back to #2, I thought it'd be fun to quit a perfectly good job and go to work for Danny Ainge (Suns player at the time) in the main office of his sports attire business. I liked Mr. Ainge A LOT. So what could be a better job? Well, I got the job and it was fun for a while, but turned out to be much less lucrative and glamorous than I'd hoped. Luckily, the aforementioned perfectly good employer was kind (or dumb) enough to take me back after my momentary lapse in judgment.
4. I once had a tumor in my big toe, which had to be surgically removed. Do I really need to elaborate?
5. I've been to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Not that interesting? Well, have YOU been there?
6. When I get really mad, I have a tendency to throw things. No, not AT anyone, but my favorite--when I'm really mad--is throwing shoes at the washing machine. Makes the loudest noise and therefore has the best effect, in my opinion.
7. My children are not allowed in my master bathroom. Since we moved in our new house in '06, the one with the great big old bathroom with the garden tub, I adopted said room as my haven. That's "mommy's room." If the hall bath is occupied and one of my kids has to go really badly, they'll come to me dancing around and ask if they can use my bathroom before they'll step foot in there without permission. They know that room is the equivalent of ancient Indian burial grounds around here. Just call me the bathroom nazi. (did #7 contain enough politically incorrect references between the burial grounds and the nazi comments?)
I'd better stop now.
I'm tagging the following peeps: